Social service have to have grounds to take your baby when they are born. If you have been concerned “Can I stop social services taking my baby?” the answer is yes, if you understand the circumstances under which your baby can be taken.

Social Services cannot simply walk in and have your newborn taken from hospital. The circumstances  which would grant them the right to do this include:

  • Where concerns exist regarding the mother’s or father’s ability to protect;
  • Where alcohol or substance abuse is thought to be affecting the health of the expected baby, and is one concern amongst others;
  • Where the expectant parent(s) are very young and a dual assessment of their own needs as well as their ability to meet the baby’s needs is  required;
  • Where a previous child in the family has been removed because they have suffered harm or been at risk of suffering significant harm;
  • Where a person who has been convicted of an offence against a child, or is believed by child protection professionals to have abused a child, has joined the family;
  • Where there are acute professional concerns regarding parenting capacity, particularly where the parents have either severe mental health problems or learning disabilities;
  • Where the child is believed to be at risk of significant harm due to domestic violence.
  • Where an unborn baby has siblings subject to a Child Protection Plan.

Knowing these factors, then, your next question must be:

“How do I stop social services from taking my baby?”

The answer is very simply to make the needed changes in your life style so that these circumstances are no longer there.

Remember: you have a head start on social services because you know you are pregnant long before they will find out. And you have a whole nine months in which to get ready.

“Brendan really put me
straight. He told me how
it was. It was a bit of a
smack in the face to be
honest; but now I
understand what I have to do.
I never understood before.”Our client, Zoe

If you have a problem with drink or with drugs, get the help you need to get cleaned up.

If your house is a mess, get it cleaned up.

If your new boyfriend will never pass an assessment, then get rid of him – it’s him or the baby!

Don’t expect any help from the social services in these matters, however. They will not work with you, no matter what they say. They have their own agenda. Work with your solicitor or other groups to get your life back on track. Get a to-do list and do it. Make the changes you need to make so that you can show the court that you have changed.

Contact Us Now

Brendan Fleming Solicitors are nationally recognized as a leading choice in the area of care work. We are justifiably proud of our expertise and our success rate. We are contracted to the Legal Services Commission for this type of work and are considered to be one of the leading national firms for publicly funded services.

Our principal, Brendan Fleming, has won a reputation for his innovative approach, spearheading many new ways of securing justice for families caught in the care proceedings trap. He is a member of a select children’s panel and recognized and approved by the Law Society.

If you are pregnant and worried that social services will try take your baby when they are born, see how we can help you: contact Brendan Fleming today.

Brendan Fleming Contact Button

Your Name
Your Email

Click here to leave a review.

Submit your review
* Required Field

Brendan Fleming Solicitors
165 Newhall Street BirminghamWMB3 1SW UK 
 • 0121 683 5000
Share →