Revised 22 April 2014

Residence Orders have been repealed following the Children and Families Act 2014; so what type of order can be granted by the court with respect to the resolution of residence disputes over children?

Section 8 of the Children Act 1989 outlined the purpose of a Residence Order. Formerly referred to as a Custody Order. Its purpose was to ascertain with whom and where a child should be living.

With the new Children and Families Act, Residence Orders have been replaced by Child Arrangement Orders. Please visit our Child Arrangements Orders article for more information.

“Brendan Flemings have been so supportive

and attentive. All the legal advice I have
been given has been really helpful; and
I am prepared to take on board everything
I have been told because I feel that it is all
in the best interest of my daughter.”Our client, Ms P.

Contact Us Now

Brendan Fleming Solicitors are nationally recognized as a leading choice in the area of care work. We are justifiably proud of our expertise and our success rate. We are contracted to the Legal Services Commission for this type of work and are considered to be one of the leading national firms for publicly funded services.

Our principal, Brendan Fleming, has won a reputation for his innovative approach, spearheading many new ways of securing justice for families caught in the care proceedings trap. He is a member of a select children’s panel and recognized and approved by the Law Society.

If you are fighting over child residence or need to make an application for a Child Arrangements Order, see how we can help you: contact Brendan Fleming Solicitors today.

Brendan Fleming Contact Button

Your Name
Your Email

Click here to leave a review.

Submit your review
* Required Field

Brendan Fleming Solicitors
165 Newhall Street BirminghamWMB3 1SW UK 
 • 0121 683 5000
Share →